Connect Your Domain
9folds allows you to host your new site on your domain (e.g: http://www.example.com) instead of the internal address given to each site (http://example.9folds.com/).
Domain names are bought through domain registrar like Godaddy, Dreamhost or Google. .COM domains usually cost ~10 USD.
In order to move your new 9folds site to your own domain, here are the steps you will need to follow:
- Register your domain for Google Apps. You may either register an existing domain which you already own, or buy a new domain. In case you already own a domain from another registrar, you will need to create a CNAME DNS record as explained here: http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=47283. Note: When creating a new CNAME, use HOST= www points to= ghs.google.com
- Make sure you can now go to your domain (e.g: www.example.com) from a browser and receive a Google page.
- Log in to your Google Apps Administration panel – Don’t forget to replace the “example.com” with your domain name https://www.google.com/a/example.com
- In Google Apps administration panel, under Service Settings – click Google Sites and then select Disable Sites at the bottom
- Back in the Dashboard screen next to Service Settings click Add more services
- Next to Google App Engine in the App ID field enter nine9folds then click Add service
- In nine9folds settings page click Add new url and in the text field write www and click Add
- Back in www.9folds.com go to your dashboard and select the site you would like to assign the domain.
- Select Settings (gear icon), click the first EDIT link to reveal the edit boxes, and in the Domain field add your domain. For example: “www.example.com”
- Open a new browser window and enter your domain address in the address bar. If everything is set right, you should see your 9folds site