Dashboard Overview – Site Settings (gear icon)
This part of the dashboard allows you to control global settings for your site which are not related to any specific page but rather apply to all pages or specify technical and hidden properties for your site. The setting page is divided into two panes:
- URL – The name of your site which will show up in browser’s address bar when browsing your site. Every site created is autmatically assigned an internal address (subdomain) which is combined of the URL parameter specified here and the suffix “.9folds.com”. This field has to be english alpha-numeric.
- Domain – In case you have a domain registered, or would like to host your new site on your own domain, you may add the domain name here. Once you completeled the steps for connecting your domain as described here 9folds will start accepting new requests for this domain.
- Design – Choose a template package which suits your needs and the graphic language you desire. You may switch to another design anytime in the process of creating your website. Choosing a design will determine the available template types for the pages you will create later (for example: catalog, about, contact….)
These text fields are dynamically determined according to the design you choose. These text fields determine different parameters which are relevant to your entire site (as opposed to the text fields for each page). Although the text fields in the site settings page are dynamically determined according to your chosen design, there are few fields which are common:
- RTL – Determines if your website text is using Right-To-Left characterset.
- Moto – This is one of the most important texts which you should consider when building a website. This text will be normally used as the browsers title in your home page. Search engines like Google give these texts specific importance when determining the type of content in the site. We suggest using few concise and descriptive words and avoid bloated slogans.
- Tracker – In case you would like to have Google Analytics statistics connected to your site, use this field to enter your tracker code assigned to you.
- Email – The email address to which the contact page messages should be forwarded to.
Use this tab to upload resources which are globally used in your website and are not tied to a specific page. For example: logo, background. The resources which will be used, and the file name which is required (for example “logo.jpg”) are dependent on the chosen design and template implementation. In order to understand which files you need to upload, advise the chosen template site and check which resources are required.
Add the Google Account (mostly gmail email address, but not necessarily) of people who are related to this website and will need to update texts and change the website. An email invitation will be sent to the person once added.